Tabernanthe iboga | Tabernanthe iboga seeds
Tabernanthe iboga, TA stands for “total alkaloid.” Iboga PTA is an extract containing all the alkaloids present in iboga root bark. The alkaloids can be extracted from the root bark relatively easily via an acid/base extraction. BUY IBOGA PTA Online
Even weak acids such as acetic acid are strong enough to convert iboga alkaloids into salts. Vinegar (any vinegar will do, although clear white vinegar makes it easy to see what’s going on in the solution) containing 5% acetic acid is sufficient.
- First, ensure that the root bark is finely made to powder.
- Add the powder to a container, e.g., a glass jar, a ceramic bowl, a plastic bucket etc.
- Then add enough vinegar to completely cover the powder. It is preferable to add more than enough vinegar than not enough. The free base alkaloids are completely insoluble in water, so will completely precipitate out of the solution.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure that all alkaloids are converte to their salt form (if using vinegar, they will be converte to their acetate salts).
- As an added measure, you may let the mixture sit overnight.
- Filter out the solid plant matter using a coffee filter, cloth, t-shirt etc. and collect the liquid in a second container (in this case a glass jar may be preferable as it lets you see into the solution).
Tabernanthe iboga plant for sale | Tabernanthe iboga plant
- Now add a base. Any base will do, ammonium hydroxide is ideal as it can easily evaporate afterwards. If one has trouble finding food grade ammonium hydroxide, then sodium carbonate makes a good alternative. Sodium carbonate can be prepare from sodium bicarbonate by heating the bicarbonate to 50C. This is in a metal pot, or is in solution. On adding sodium carbonate, effervescence (bubbling) will be observe. This means that there is acid present in the solution so keep adding sodium carbonate until no more effervescence occurs (meaning all acid has been neutralize). At the point when the effervescence stops, the alkaloids should begin precipitating out. Add enough carbonate until all alkaloids have precipitated out. The precipitated alkaloids may appear as black flakes, or brown powder.
- The alkaloids can then be filtere out with a coffee filter and dried using a calcium chloride dessicating chamber (simply place calcium chloride in a bowl, put a piece of tin foil on top of the calcium chloride, put the alkaloids on the tin foil, then seal up the bowl with some cling film)